Saturday 18 July 2009

Geneva June 19th 2009

We rose early to head on up to Séleve. We finally got on our way after a lttle detour when someone (It wasn't me or Mish) forgot their passport. We obviously couldn't risk not being able to get back into the country as the mountain is just outside Switzerland border. Especially since we knew how strict borders could be, can you sense the sarcasm!

Anyway, we were smug with our passports passing the border with a total of ZERO officers asking for it!! We took the cable car up to Séleve and Mish had suggested we get a sandwich for lunch, (croque Monsieur for me) and walk to the top, a maximum, maximum I say, 10 minutes walk to the view of the Alps and Geneva including Mont Blanc (well seen that!). Anyway an hour and a half later I can only tell you what the ground beneath my feet looked like, and it was mostly shitty or blumming slippy in flip flops, until we finally met a cloudy non visible view that was apparently the Alps and Geneva! It was such a shame, but my croque Monsieur and I had made it, albeit it covered in sheep shit and absolutely shattered!! It was sweet Mish wanted us to see it, but Nav girl she is not bless her!

That evening we were meeting Mish's new boyfriend and mates out in town. So after a recuperation nap we dolled up and went out. As it was Geneva music festival, the town was heaving with bands and free entertainment. I discovered fruit beer and was loving the bar lady serving it with a champagne glass- girl got me all worked out! We danced on some Protestant statues the significance of which I seemed to miss, but we were definitely living it up Expat style. Pretty rocking!

All in all the company was excellent and Michelle has a lovely life, boyfriend, mates 'n' all.

So our Geneva leg was over, up to Paris in the morning! Road trip!

No comments: