Monday 23 February 2009

I'm back


Hey folks, sorry for the radio silence. I have had a week with a friend and a week over in England and not found time to write in between. Bad I know, it won't happen again I assure you.

It was great to be home and see friends and family but there is something special about coming back to Italy, our new home. Living somewhere in which you have to mentally make effort in order to communicate with people is very fulfilling. Most of us rush through lives and find ourselves saying things rote, things run off our tongues before we have really even given it a moments thought. But I have to say living in a different country and speaking a different language makes each experience a little more interesting, purely because of the attention you must give it. I appreciate more what my friends say to me and I choose my words carefully when speaking with them. I don't swear in Italian which goes very well with my new years resolution that is not doing so well in the old mother tongue!

I am off to the last day of Venice Carnival tomorrow with friends and this is just a mid week trip. It's really exhilarating with every day becoming a new experience with lessons to learn and opportunities to grow. I shall post some pictures later this week.

And once again I must remind myself (don't know why I'm telling you,  but go along with it) I am here to write. To take advantage of my very fortunate position and write away until I come up with all the masterpieces that are going to make me successful. I mustn't get distracted with how wonderful each moment living abroad is, don't worry I am aware at how sickly I sound. I'm really enjoying rubbing it in though! Only kidding, well.........

Ciao
ash x

No comments: