Wednesday 10 December 2008

Children's Stories

I have decided to start using my poetry to write some children's stories.

The idea came to me when recently I went shopping with a friend for a birthday present for 1 year old when I came across the Gruffalo. I think it's wonderful and thought that it would be the perfect use of the poetry I used to write. I stopped writing so often as I figured poetry had to have some profound message and my writings lacked a hidden intelligence they were really just rhyming words!

But the Gruffalo made me remember that poetry is fun -  it's lyrical all about fairytales and all things wonderfully make believe.
So...I am going to start on some ideas and see where it takes me !

Check out the website for the Gruffallo, very inspiring, I particularly like a Day in the life of Julia Donaldson, legend!!

No comments: