Wednesday 17 December 2008

I had a moment yesterday of uncertainty. It's a daunting thought to join the essentially 'self-employed world' and I waver in my steadfastness as it sometimes feels too risky to try. But I had a comforting email from Pilar telling me to Stop worrying and start writing. She is right. And my boyfriend and mother gave me a kick up the ass too!

I've finally settled into Italy, the apartment is clean my belongings have all found a home and I'm already into the swing of cleaning up after my boyfriend (he says I'm untidy, oh please!). In only 7 days I've made leaps and bounds with my Italian. Io parlo L'Italiano un poco. That's actually true now, before you'd say that only to get an inevitably incomprehensible Italian reply at the speed of light, armed with no other response that to simple repeat with an uncertainty across your face: parlo poco L'Italiano?!

At least I think I am learning enough that if the shop keeper was to run across the department store after me like a lunatic now, I would be able to explain that 'in England one can browse all the department store with a 'to-be purchased item' hanging off their arm.' Yeah, supposedly they don't do that here!!

But I'm not good enough yet to understand what our 7.30 am sex loving neighbors are saying through the walls, apart from the groans, I'm sure I know what that means!

So after getting my papers all done I am almost a Trevisian, i just need a job by 3 months in order to stay. Alas my time shall be spent between searching for a part time job and writing the next masterpiece!


Oh and it's Christmas!!!! Happy Christmas to all!

No comments: