Tuesday 19 January 2010

Uppsala 28th June 2009

Well we decided to stay in Uppsala for the day with the new married couple and it turned out to be a great idea. Tour guide Karin showed us the sites and gave detailed history about the place, of which Andy was taking equally detailed mental notes, I'm sure. We went out onto the lake, the name of which I can't remember (you'll have to ask Andy!). We spent the day paddling by the water and taking the boat out with a questionable amount of fuel and no ores, but that just added to the thrill!

Sadly we were late for the lunch our hosts had kindly cooked for us because someone (you've probably worked out how it will be) threw me into the water with my sunnies on! My 200 for 100 pound Versace glasses and the most obvious visual representation of my newly acquired italian status, yeah those glasses! And while I was super impressed with my calm reaction, reasoning with myself that "He didn't meant to do it", I was deeply disturbed by the thought of loosing my fav Italian specks. They were the only ones that had ever fit my dam pea-sized head! Just as I was about to waver Andy's set obligatory 1 hour search, he pops up wearing the things on his head, blummin' legend!

So the only thing spoilt was our omelet for lunch. I felt pretty bad as everyone had had to wait for us but more pleased to once again be seeing the world from behind my Versace lenses. After lunch it came time to be moving on again, from what had hands down been the highlight of the trip, as well as the most relaxing part so far. Onto Gothenburg.

No comments: