Tuesday 19 January 2010

Wedding day! 27th June 2009


The wedding was gorgeous. Karin's family home was on an idylic spot and everything was organised to a 'T'. I was in tears before the ceremony even started and so was the bride! Karin looked beautiful and Ori scrubbed up good too. To our amazement everyone spoke English with us with such ease. I realised this was probably less to do with our presence and more likely a consequence of the language the bride and groom speak with one another. I have to admit that it took a shameful amount of time to work out! It was right after I realised that the world doesn't revolve around me, I think!! I honestly don't know if I could have a relationship in a second language? Andy can hardly understand me as it is and we share the same syntax, imagine if I was trying to communicate in a foreign language. Game over!

We met many a character and camping connoisseurs once our looming Swedish travels were uncovered. We went home with so many recommendations, that we'd never have time to visit them all. We met champagne Richard, sommelier to the Swedish royalty and his lovely wife, who makes Champagne Jam (My mum would have loved her!), Karin's closest girlfriends who are all as delightful as her and so many other wonderful people it made the day!

The night never seemed to end as the light remained well into the wee hours and we danced our feet off until it was time to get some sleep.

No comments: